Spanikopita – Our Best Selling Appetizer
We’re cooking Spanikopita with Chef Christine Kitsilis of Angelo’s Palace Pizza.
- Mix all ingredients except butter and Phyllo dough
- Layout two sheets of Phyllo and butter them
- Cut Phyllo into thirds vertically
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture on Phyllo dough
- Then fold them into a triangular shape
- Then place on a baking sheet pan
- Butter the top before baking
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degree
- FRESH PARSLEY
- WHITE ONIONS
- FRESH BABY SPINACH
- FETA WITH A BLEND OF CHEESES
- SALT & PEPPER
- OLIVE OIL
- PHYLLO DOUGH
We’re cooking Greek Chicken Souvlaki over rice pilaf with a side of Tzatziki-Cucumber Dipping Sauce with Angelo’s Palace Pizza.
- In a large shallow baking dish, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Thread the chicken, onion wedges, and green bell pepper pieces alternately onto skewers.
- Grill skewers on the prepared grill until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 2 TABLESPOONS FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 2 TEASPOONS DRIED OREGANO
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1/4 TEASPOON OF FRESH THYME
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 1 POUND SKINLESS, BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST
- HALVES – CUT INTO 1 INCH PIECES
- 1 LARGE RED ONION, CUT INTO WEDGES
- 1 LARGE GREEN BELL PEPPER, CUT INTO 1 1/2 INCH PIECES
Greek Chicken Souvlaki – Great Healthy Option
Baklava – Popular Greek Dessert
- Prepare Syrup: In a large saucepan combine all Syrup ingredients and bring them to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes uncovered. Let cool.
- Pre Heat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Lightly butter 15 x 18 x 3 baking pan.
- Take a bowl and combine walnuts, cinnamon, and sugar (the “Nut Mixture”)
- Layer Six Phyllo sheets on the bottom of prepared baking pan one at a time, brushing each one generously with butter. Sprinkle 1/3rd of the Nut Mixture over the 6th phyllo sheet and spread it evenly.
- Then Layer 4 Phyllo sheets over the 1/3rd Nut Mixture, buttering each generously. Spread another 1/3rd on top of this layer.
- Layer 4 more Phyllo sheets over the pan and top with the remaining nut mixture.
- Top the pan with the remaining Phyllo sheets, each brushed generously with butter.
- Score into diamond shapes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce that to 325 degrees, and bake for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours or until Baklava is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, wait one minute, then pour syrup evenly over baklava. Let stand for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1 AND 1/2 LB OF UNSALTED BUTTER
- 10 CUPS OF COARSELY CHOPPED WALNUTS AND ALMONDS
- 2 LBS OF PHYLLO DOUGH
- 4 TABLESPOONS OF SUGAR
- 1 TABLESPOON OF CINNAMON
- 4 CUPS OF SUGAR
- 4 CUPS OF WATER
- 1/2 A LEMON PEEL
- 1 CINNAMON STICK
- We’re in the kitchen cooking up some Buffalo Chicken Calzones with Angelo’s Palace Pizza.
- Mix chicken and wing sauce together and place on one side of pizza shell.
- Add 2 cups of mozzarella pizza cheese to the top of the chicken and sauce.
- And then fold over the pizza shell. Top with mozzarella pizza cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes at about 500 degrees.
Slice and serve with blue cheese dipping sauce.
- ONE LARGE 16 INCH FRESH DOUGH SHELL
- 6 OZ BUFFALO WING SAUCE
- 2 CUPS CHOPPED GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
Buffalo Chicken Calzone
Greek Stuff Peppers
We’re cooking Greek Stuffed Peppers in the kitchen with Chef Christine Kitsilis from Angelo’s Palace Pizza of Cumberland.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place beef and onions in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until beef is evenly browned.
- Drain grease, and mix in wine and tomato puree. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet mixture to a large bowl, and mix in feta cheese or cheddar cheese, cooked rice, garlic, and parsley. Stuff peppers with the mixture, and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and continue baking 10 minutes, until stuffing is lightly browned. It may be served hot or cold.
- 4 LARGE GREEN BELL PEPPERS, TOPS REMOVED, SEEDED
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 POUND GROUND BEEF
- 2 ONIONS, CHOPPED
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1/4 CUP DRY WHITE WINE
- 1 (10.75 OUNCE) CAN TOMATO PUREE
- 1 (4 OUNCE) PACKAGE FETA CHEESE OR CHEDDAR CHEESE (FOR VARIATION)
- 1/2 CUP COOKED WHITE RICE
- 1/2 CUP RAISINS (OPTIONAL)
- GARLIC TO TASTE
- 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
We’re cooking a traditional Greek layered casserole called Moussaka in the kitchen with Angelo’s Palace Pizza.
1. Prep and Cooking Instructions for Eggplant:
Spray cooking sheet with non-stick pan coating
Take sliced eggplant and place evenly on baking sheet
Drizzle eggplant with olive oil and salt,
Bake at 350 degrees until half cooked (about 10 minutes)
2. Cooking Instructions for Ground Beef Mixture:
Heat olive oil on medium
Add Onion, sauté for 5 minutes
Add ground beef and cook until browned
Add wine, and the remaining ingredients with the exception of the potatoes and Béchamel Sauce
Simmer for 30 minutes
Remove the whole spices and the Italian pepper before simmering
(while Ground Beef Mixture is simmering prepare Béchamel Sauce)
3. Cooking Instructions for Béchamel Sauce (yield 2 cups):
Bring 2 cups of Milk to a boil
Remove from heat
In a separate pan Melt Butter, add flour and cook while stirring, until flour and butter are well blended
Then Add Hot Milk from above, stirring continuously and season with salt until thick
(For a richer sauce beat 2 egg yolks in small bowl and whisk some of the hot Béchamel Sauce with the eggs, and then add to remaining Béchamel Sauce)
4. Assembly of Moussaka and Baking Instructions:
Spray bottom of 9 x 13″ baking pan with a non-stick pan coating
Layer potatoes on bottom of baking pan
Then add a layer of cooked sliced eggplant
Add Ground beef Mixture
Sprinkle Romano Cheese over Ground Beef Mixture
Add an other layer of Eggplant
Top with Béchamel Sauce
Sprinkle Romano Cheese
- 2 LBS GROUND BEEF OR GROUND LAMB (YOUR CHOICE)
- 3 MEDIUM SIZED EGGPLANTS (PEELED AND SLICED)
- 1/2 CUP TOMATO SAUCE
- 1/2 CUP TOMATO PASTE
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 1 ONION CHOPPED
- 1 ITALIAN PEPPER QUARTERED
- 1 TABLE SPOON SALT
- 1/2 TSP. PEPPER
- 1/2 CUP FRESH CHOPPED PARSLEY
- 1/2 CUP WHITE WINE
- 1/4 CUP ROMANO CHEESE
- 1 CUP WATER
- 4 MEDIUM SLICED POTATOES
- 4 WHOLE CLOVES
- 4 WHOLE ALLSPICE
- 2 BAY LEAVES
- 2 CUPS MILK
- 1/4 CUP BUTTER
- 3 TABLE SPOONS OF FLOUR
Moussaka: Traditional Greek Casserole
We’re baking Kourambiedes (traditional Greek cookie; made for weddings and holidays) with Angelo’s Palace Pizza.
- Beat butter well.
- Add egg yokes, confectioners sugar and all other ingredients.
- Make soft dough, but not too soft and roll into balls.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and shape into various designs.
- Place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 15-20 minutes or until light brown in color.
- Place cookies on large piece of wax paper on counter, which has been sifted with confectioners sugar.
- Sprinkle sifted confectioners sugar on top of cookies.
- Let cool.
- 1 POUND OF SWEET BUTTER
- 2 EGG YOKES
- 1 TEASPOON OF BAKING POWDER
- 2 CUPS OF FLOUR
- 2 CUPS OF CAKE FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON OF VANILLA
- 1/4 OF A CUP OF CONFECTIONERS SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON OF BAKING SODA (DISSOLVE IN A SHOT GLASS ON CONGAC)
- Add linguica, sautee until browned
- Add onion, sautee until translucent
- Add red pepper and sautee for 2 mins
- Add clams, bring to simmer, then remove from heat
- Add crushed ritz, a mix until everything is moistened
- Fill the shells
- Sprinkle top with butter and panko
- Cook at 350 for 12 mins
- 4 CUPS LINGUICA
- 1 WHITE ONION
- 2 RED PEPPERS
- SALT AND PEPPER
- 4 CUPS MINCED CLAMS W/ JUICE 2 STICKS BUTTER
- 1-2 BAGS CRUSHED RITZ CRACKERS
Tzatziki – Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the cucumber. Chill for at least two hours before serving
- 3 TBSP. OLIVE OIL
- 1 TBSP. VINEGAR
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED FINELY
- 1/2 TSP. SALT
- 1/4 TSP. WHITE PEPPER
- 1 CUP GREEK YOGURT, STRAINED
- 2 CUCUMBERS, PEELED, SEEDED AND DICED